- the information that Tohands collects through the Website or otherwise, which is hosted and operated from India;
- the information that Tohands collects from its employees or other third parties, business partners or vendors.
- the use and role of cookies and similar technologies on the Website; and
- the security measures Tohands has in place to protect the information that Tohands gathers through the Website or otherwise.
This Policy also governs Tohands’s collection of information by any other means, including , your usage of our services and products or the collection of information by any parent, or subsidiaries of Tohands (“Other Entities”) during your employment or business association with Tohands.
Visitors are encouraged to read this Policy before using the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy and the Terms and Conditions, available at http://smart.tohands.in/.
- Information Gathered by the Tohands .
Tohands gathers three basic types of information: (i) “Personal Information,” information from which an individual can be identified; (ii) “Sensitive Personal Data and Information”, which includes personal information such as passwords, financial information, medical records and information as defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”), , and (iii) “Aggregate Information,” from which an individual cannot be identified;
- Personal Information. You are not ordinarily required to register or provide Personal Information in order to access the Website, though certain functionalities such as a membership program, through which purchasers of products may receive discounts on online purchases, participating in any contests, etc., may require registration. Tohands collects Personal Information from you only when you voluntarily provide it to Tohands – for example, in contacting Tohands through the Website, filling in the form for applying for a vacancy or while requesting for a visit to the manufacturing plant of Tohands, or exploring business opportunities with Tohands, answering surveys and polls, entering contests, sweepstakes, raffles and similar promotions, signing up for email updates and announcements concerning the Tohands’s products and special promotions, and purchasing the Tohands’s merchandise. Personal Information may include your contact information (such as your name, postal address, telephone numbers and/or email address), , which will be collected if you wish to purchase any product or merchandise made available through the Website (“Transaction”).
- Sensitive Personal Data and Information. We may also collect sensitive personal data or information (“SPDI”) about you when you access and use the Website, products or merchandise. This information includes health information as well as your payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date (“Payment Information”). By using the Website, or by purchase of any products or merchandise, or by providing us with the information, you consent to the storage, processing, transfer and disclosure of your Personal Information and SPDI in accordance with the terms of this Policy
- Aggregate Information.When you visit the Website, the Tohands and the third parties with whom the Tohands has contracted to provide services, may collect anonymous information from three sources: server log files, cookies, and pixel tags.
- Server Log Files.Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in the Tohands’s server log files whenever you visit the Website, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. IP addresses of all Visitors are used by the Tohands to calculate the Website usage levels, to help diagnose problems with the Website’s servers, and to administer the Website. Tohands may also use IP addresses to communicate or to block access by Visitors who fail to comply with the Policy and/or the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Collecting IP addresses is a standard practice followed on the Internet and is carried out automatically by many websites.
- Pixel Tags.The Website may use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) to compile aggregate statistics about Website usage and response rates. Pixel Tags enables Tohands to maintain a count of the users who have visited certain pages of the Website. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and as to when the email was opened and read by the receiver of the e-mail.
- Use and Disclosure of Information Gathered By Tohands
Personal Information. Tohands may use Visitor’s Personal Information and SPDI in any of the following ways:
Communications. Tohands encourages the Visitors to contact Tohands with questions and comments. Personal Information and SPDI may be used by Tohands in order to respond to the respective Visitor’s questions and comments.
Business Purposes. Tohands may also use the Personal Information and SPDI of its Visitors for internal business purposes, such as analysing and managing its businesses or maintenance of employee records. The Personal Information and SPDI collected may be combined with other information collected by Tohands via other online or offline sources, with demographic information and other information that is available in the public domain.
Transactions. When you take part in a Transaction through the Website such as purchasing products or merchandise, Tohands may collect Payment Information from you related to such Transaction as well as other Personal Information such as shipping address for shipping of the ordered products or merchandise purchased through the Website. Tohands may use your Personal Information or Payment Information in order to complete the Transaction and, if applicable, to fulfil your purchase. The Payment Information may also be shared with the third parties, as may be necessary, to complete your Transaction (for example, to process the payment made through the credit card).
Contests, Competitions and Other Promotions. From time to time, contests, competitions and similar promotions may be organized through its Website that may require online registration by the Visitor for participating in such contest, competition or promotion (which may include name, email, user ID and password). Tohands may ask you for certain Personal Information and SPDI during the process of registration for participating in such contest, competition or promotional schemes. Tohands may share this Personal Information and SPDI with third party sponsors of such contests, competitions and promotions (irrespective of whether it is hosted by Tohands), in accordance with the rules applicable to such contest, competition or promotion. You should carefully review the rules of each contest, competition and promotion in which you participate through the Website, as they may contain certain additional important information about Tohands or a sponsor’s use of your Personal Information and SPDI. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of your Personal Information and SPDI enlarge the scope of use of such information in terms of this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall also apply.
Special Promotions and Product Information. In addition, Tohands reserves the right to use your Personal Information and SPDI for sending you the e-mails or SMSes with updates and announcements concerning Tohands’s products and special promotions. You may opt-out of receiving these messages from Tohands at any time (see Section 5 “Choice” below).
Critical Communications. Tohands may from time to time and as may be necessary use your Personal Information and SPDI to send emails consisting of important information regarding the Website, your Transactions, or for notifying any amendments or modifications to the terms, conditions, and policies of Tohands with respect to use of this Website (“Critical Emails”). Since Critical Emails would consist of important information you shall not have the option of not receiving Critical Emails.
Third Party Service Providers. Tohands works with third parties who provide services, including website hosting, credit card processing, data analysis, newsletter services, promotional activities, and other administrative services. Tohands may share your Personal Information, and SPDI , with such third parties, as may be necessary, for the purpose of enabling such third parties discharge the provision of such services. These third party service providers may be located within or outside India. Your Personal Information and SPDI may also be shared with the manufacturer of the products ordered/ purchased by you on the Website or with entities responsible for delivering the products ordered / purchased by you on the Website.
Miscellaneous. Tohands may disclose your Personal Information and SPDI if Tohands believes that it is required to do so: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal process or governmental requests; (iii) to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use; (iv) to protect our operations; (v) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Tohands, you or others; and (vi) to enable itself to pursue the available remedies or limit the damages that it may sustain.
Aggregate Information. Tohands may analyse Aggregate Information in order to enhance the Website security, track the popularity of certain pages of the Website, track success of our email notifications, assess traffic levels on the Website and other usage data, all of which would help Tohands to provide content tailored to the interests of the consumers, improve the Website and related services and to otherwise enhance Visitor’s experience on the Website. Tohands may also share the Aggregate Information with its Other Entities and other third parties for provision of such services or for completion of your Transactions on the Website.
- Other Important Notes regarding Tohands’s Privacy Practices.
Special Note for Parents and Children. Website and the contents therein are intended for a general audience and not intended for utilization directly or independently by children under 18 years of age. If you are a child under the age of 18 years and desire to use this Website or purchase any products or merchandise (if sold through this Website), please request your parents to complete the necessary registration formalities and complete the Transaction. Any use of this Website or any of its features by a child under the age of 18 years must be under parental supervision. Tohands does not directly contact children under the age of 18 years for promotion of its special offers or for marketing purposes. Tohands also does not knowingly collect Personal Information and SPDI from any child under the age of 18 years.
Security. Tohands has adequate security measures and tools in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under Tohands’s control. Whenever any Visitor furnishes his/her credit card number, that credit card number is transmitted by the Visitor’s browser in an encrypted format using industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption method. Even though, Tohands endeavours to protect its Visitor’s Personal Information and SPDI, Tohands cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to Tohands, through or in connection with the website. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with Tohands is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with Tohands has been compromised), you must immediately notify Tohands of the problem by contacting us in accordance with “Contact Us,” below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for Tohands to address and respond to the problem).
Assignment. Tohands reserves the right to transfer any and all information that it collects from the Visitors to a third party in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Tohands’s assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Updating Your Information and Contacting Us. Tohands has adequate procedures in place to keep your Personal Information and SPDI accurate, complete and up to date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. You may contact our Grievance Officer, Praveen Mishra on the email id mentioned below. You may review the information maintained by Tohands and wherever appropriate, you may request Tohands that such information be corrected. Tohands also provides an option for reviewing, correcting, updating or otherwise modifying information, you have previously provided, for which, you may send a mail at the following postal mail address:
Tohands Pvt Ltd
A-205 Tirupati Ashish CHS, Opp Hotel Amber, Shahad, Kalyan (w), Thane 421103, Maharashtra, India
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate the information that you wish to review or have changed. Tohands will endeavour to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
Note that despite any removal of or change to Personal Information and SPDI requested there may also be residual information that will remain within Tohands’s databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
- Choice. From time to time, Tohands may ask you to indicate whether you are interested in receiving emails/ SMS and other information from Tohands or not. If you elect to receive these communications, Tohands will occasionally send you emails or other information that match your requests and offer you promotions and coupons. Consent provided to use email for in the contact form for news and offers also provides Tohands the consent to send SMS for the same.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving these email/SMS communications from Tohands, you may put up a request for discontinuation of sending of such e-mails/SMS by emailing, calling or writing to Tohands using the contact information provided on the Website or by using the unsubscribe feature in the email received by you. Please indicate that you wish to stop receiving email/SMS communications from Tohands. However, you shall not have the option of discontinuing the receipt of Critical Emails from Tohands.
In addition, Tohands does not disclose your Personal Information and SPDI to third parties, including Tohands’s subsidiaries and the holding companies, for third-party’s direct marketing purposes if Tohands has received and processed a request from you that your Personal Information and SPDI should not be shared with third parties for such purposes. If you would like to submit such a request, you may do so by emailing, calling or writing to Tohands using the contact information provided above. Please indicate that you request that Tohands should not disclose your Personal Information and SPDI to its subsidiaries and/or other third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- Changes to This Policy. Tohands reserves the right to change this Policy, and any of its policies or procedures concerning the treatment of information collected through the Website, without prior notice. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Website. Use of the Website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy, then in effect. Tohands encourages you to bookmark this page and to periodically review it to ensure familiarity with the most current version of the Policy.
This Policy represents the sole, authorized statement of Tohands’s practices with respect to the collection of Personal Information and SPDI through the Website or otherwise and the manner of use of such information by Tohands. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the Platform for Privacy Preferences or “P3P”) shall have no legal effect, shall not be binding on Tohands, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.
- Consent Amendments; Law. By using this Website or by seeking or availing any products and services you consent to the terms of this Policy and to the use and management of Personal Information and SPDI including , Payment Information by Tohands for the purposes and in the manner herein provided. Should this Policy change, Tohands intend to take every reasonable step to ensure that these changes are brought to your attention by posting the updated Policy on the Website. You agree that you provide all information to us voluntarily. Collection use and disclosure of Personal Information and SPDI requires your express consent. You are providing us with your consent to our use, collection, and disclosure of the Personal Information and SPDI. You may choose to not provide us with Personal Information and SPDI, but in the event that you do so, we will be unable to provide you access to our Website or any service or part thereof.
Further, you accept the terms hereof and hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Information and SPDI by third parties and in any of location within or outside India. The Company will make best efforts to ensure that the third party or the location to which the SPDI is transferred affords same level of data protection as would be afforded under Indian law. By continuing to use the Website, products or service, you provide your consent for transfer, sharing and disclosure of such Personal Information or SPDI by us in accordance with this Policy.
Your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Policy. The said Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. Further, it is irrevocably and unconditionally agreed that the courts of Mumbai, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same.